All new Cub Scouts that were not in the Lion program (Kindergarten) need to first earn Bobcat. If you have already registered and are excited to get started you should start with Bobcat right now!
As a participant in the Scout Point delivery method of the Cub Scout program we do function a little bit differently from a traditional model. When you see terms like Den or Pack those should be substituted by family. With that in mind here is a short video to welcome you more into Cub Scouting.
- Learn and say the Scout Oath, with help if needed.
On my honor I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country
And to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong,
mentally awake, and morally straight.
- Learn and Say the Scout Law, with help if needed.
A Scout is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous,kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brace, clean and reverent.
- Show the Cub Scout sign. Tell what it means.
- Show the Cub Scout handshake. Tell what it means.
- Say the Cub Scout motto. Tell what it means.
- Show the Cub Scout salute. Tell what it means.
- With your parent or guardian, complete the exercises in the pamphlet How to Protect Your Children From Child Abuse: A Parent’s Guide
Once completed and registered this will be the first advancement you can record on Scoutbook for your child. Please wait for the email inviting you to link with your child’s new account on Scoutbook. If you have not received this within 10 days please contact email@example.com or call 701-223-7204